You've heard of this unbelievable moment, when two team members from the opposing team helped an injured player complete her first ever home run. This is about the best humans have to offer.
Now, you gotta see this. It's the story of a seven-year-old who drives off in his grandma's car after he got mad at his mom.
Note some of what is said and/or implied in the video. The reporter says there are two seven-year-olds. The little boy says he picked up his friend who smokes. A seven-year-old smoking? That's what is implied.
But then there's this. "It's fun to do bad things."
And for his punishment? This boy says, "Yeah, I guess a little. Maybe no video games for the whole weekend."
After I picked up my jaw from the floor I showed this to Tony, and asked him where he thought this kid would be by the time he's 15 or 16 years old.
"In jail?" Tony asked.
"This is why I discipline you the way I do. So you don't end up like this."
"Thank - you, Mom!!" Tony replied with deep feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment