In my RaToNa blog I talk about three-year-old Alex and his adjustment to school. In Finding Ourselves, I list the food I ate today and the activities that constitute exercise.
So I decided to talk about my latest research attempt. Cell phones. Tony is seven years old and homeschooled. Right now he has absolutely no need for a cell phone. However, as he grows older and becomes more independent, the need for a cell phone will arise. When that time comes, I want to be aware of what plans service providers offer. Right now, we are with V, but this afternoon I discovered that a popular entertainment company has gotten into cellular service. What they offer fills a need I think many families are looking for. Parents, would you like to be able to control when your kids' phone works, what numbers they can call, and keep unwanted numbers away from their phone? Would you like to be able to locate them with a GPS system, and monitor their usage? You can do all that and still have very affordable service.
I am very impressed with what I found. So impressed that I called my current carrier and asked them what they were doing to create a comparable plan. They didn't know. This will be interesting to watch in the coming year or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment