Duran Family

Duran Family

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

An accounting of time...

Here's how my day went today:
6:30AM Angelo wakes me up
7:45 AM Angelo frantically tells me what time it is. I jump out of bed and land in the shower.
8:15 AM Kids show up for school. I blow dry enough of my hair to curl it.
8:30 School starts. I bring DeeDee into the living room (school room) to feed her breakfast.
9:30 I grab a handful of Ritz crackers to eat while trying to get Dee Dee to sleep.
10:00 Break time. I go outside with the kids. They play on the swing set, I pull iris plants for their bulbs.
10:30 Break is over. Kids get back to work while I wash up and start thinking about our 11:30 lunch. I pull left over supper out of the fridge and put it in the oven.
I answer questions, grade and review troublesome problems with Tony and Rachel.
11:30 Lunch. DeeDee wakes up, but I leave her in her bed while we eat.
12:00 Back to work, I bring DeeDee back into school to feed her lunch
12:20 I answer questions, clean up Dee Dee, put away lunch supplies, get swimming supplies together, answer more questions, and get DeeDee dressed.
1:40 Out the door for the swimming pool
1:50 Kids rush to the building while I get DeeDee into the stroller. I register Tony for swimming lessons, meet up with M and her kids, turn Dee Dee over to her and get changed for the pool.
2:05 Get Tony into class, gather M's kids (the J's) and Rachel together to tell them I will be "coaching" them on their swimming. (Since M would have to pay $150 for the three kids, she offered to take care of DeeDee if I would help her kids maintain the swimming skills they have. I agreed)
2:10 Start with the littlest J and review swimming methods with her.
2:40 Littlest J and Tony play while I take the other J's and Rachel for the next half hour.
2:50 Swim two laps (200 meters) of the pool.
3:15. Out of the pool.
3:40 Talk with Rachel's and Paula's mom about schedule change for tomorrow.
4:05 Meet up with M and her J's at the library.
4:40 To the pizza place to pick up supper
5:10 Take a few minutes to nurse DeeDee and watch the news
5:30 Eat supper
6:10 Set Tony down for homework; I start grading Rachel's papers
6:40 Welcome Angelo home from work with a stinky baby
7:00 Work on grading, writing quizzes and prompting Tony to get his work done. (never did get his piano practice in)
8:30 Shoo Tony off to the bath
9:00 DeeDee wakes up, feed her and rock her while watching a Shirley Timple movie
10:30 Put DeeDee back to bed, asleep, back to grading.
11:15 Find a small bug in report card program my dad and I created, fiddled with fixing it.
11:26 Decided to blog.
11:37 Finish blogging, getting back to work.

No comments: