but somehow I succeeded. Today was Alex's first day with us. This little 3-year-old cousin of Rachel and Paula did pretty well. Around lunchtime he did ask where his mommy was. Shortly after "mommy" called to see how he was doing. She managed to arrange her work schedule so she could pick him up at 2:20 on the day's he's here. (School gets out at 3:30)
As for me, I was stressing out trying not to stress out over the fact he would have nothing to do with his simple letter and number worksheets. I forced myself to keep calm and let him play if he wanted to play.
Alex enjoyed painting and listening to his music. Yet somehow we got zero and the first letter of his real name learned. He loves soccer! And through that game he learned a couple more words. We played with a PE style parachute which he delighted in and got the concept of zero. We also repreated colors.
Meanwhile I'm trying to keep Tony orientated to his work and reminding him that he doesn't need to play the parent. I'm trying to help Rachel get caught up from a day of school she missed Friday, and pacify a very grumpy DeeDee.
No wonder I'm tired!
No comments:
Post a Comment