Duran Family

Duran Family

Friday, August 20, 2004

End of the week stuff

Tony’s schoolbooks came today. I was expecting that, but the DVD’s containing the classroom teaching also showed up. I was expecting those on Monday. However, the teacher material did not come today; they were shipped tonight and I’ll probably get them the middle of next week.

My parents are essentially on a deathwatch for my paternal grandmother. My grandfather passed away almost a year ago, and grandma has gone down hill since then. She is in her mid 90’s, and has lost her will to live. Please pray for my dad as he deals with my mom’s cancer and now this.

Talk about a crash course. As you may have read earlier, my flute and I are part of my church’s music team. I had practice this evening, and discovered that I will be playing at least three new songs during the weekend services. One of them I didn’t even get until tonight; and, we didn’t even get through all of them this evening. We spent most of our time on the Newsboys “He Reigns.” I will not be wearing a microphone like I usually do so that no one will hear me will I struggle with these new songs.

We have company from my hometown coming the middle of next week. So, apologies a head of time if I don’t read, comment and reply to emails as quickly as I should. I will probably be out entertaining these long time family friends.

Have a good weekend.

August Happy Moment: The books came today and Tony likes them.

No comments: