Music fiasco
Like I mentioned Friday night I discovered I had THREE (3) new songs to play for services during music practice, and got the music for one of them that night. We didn’t go over that new on in practice that night. I got home, put the music (which is in a choir arrangement) into the computer and printed out a nice sheet of music in 3 sharps for me to play. I also printed out a copy of transposed music for the clarinet player to play.
Then, about two hours or so before the service began; we again went over the music, this time including this new one, only to have our music director change the key on me. If I can’t see the notes, I can’t play it. So, I gave the clarinet player my music since he could play that, and I furiously transcribed the notes into the proper key onto a makeshift music staff paper for me. So I essentially sight read a new song off a handwritten sheet of paper during the worship service. Good thing I chose NOT to wear a microphone that day.
Birthday celebration
We went out to eat for Angelo’s birthday dinner yesterday. I told him to choose a restaurant, and bless his heart, he went to some place more than Taco Bell or Old Country Buffet. He actually took us to a new-to-us place called the Cheesecake Factory. The food was really good! They had the best raspberry lemonade I had ever tasted and their bread was fantastic.
Of course their forte is the cheesecake, and well… we didn’t have any. Remember I’m trying to lose weight, and Tony is lactose intolerant, so we bypassed the wonderful looking desserts. If Tony hadn’t been with us, I’m sure I would have given in to the double chocolate cheesecake.
Waiting for the last of the books
Tony’s schoolbooks AND DVD’s have arrived for school. The only thing I’m waiting on now is for the teacher materials and record-keeping forms. They should be here by Wednesday. I like what I’m seeing so far and have a feeling that this is going to be a good year.
Well, I need to get going. Usually by this time, I’m 45 minutes into my exercise, and I haven’t even started yet today.
No comments:
Post a Comment