I mentioned in my first entry of this blog that I keep journals. I have my own personal journal, I keep one for Tony, and Tony dictates his own journal for me to write down for him.
Tony and I had some “’gether time” this weekend, and he wanted to “write” in his journal. So I got the book and pen out and asked him what he wanted to write. He told me he wanted to write about Jesus.
In the past couple weeks, he has witnessed a communion service and a baptism. In addition, we have the Visual Bible for Kids DVD’s, which include stories of Jesus.
As I wrote what he dictated, and asked questions to help formulate his thoughts, we started talking about what Jesus did for us; what gift our Lord gave us. When I explained that Jesus took our sinful life, and in turn is offering us His perfect life, Tony told me emphatically, “I want His life. I want to be perfect.”
What a moment! My child told me he wanted to accept Jesus’ life, and together we prayed a prayer declaring Jesus to be the Lord of our lives. I pray that this simple conversation we had will make a lasting impression on Tony, and every day he will surrender his sinful life to Jesus in exchange for the perfect life our Lord offers us.