Duran Family

Duran Family

Monday, April 26, 2004

Counting down the hours

The first thing Tony said to me when he got up this morning was, “We go on the train the day after this day, don’t we Mommy?”

Right away I thought of the empty suitcase, the clothes waiting to be washed downstairs, and the story tapes that still need to be recorded.

“Yes, Tony, we leave late tomorrow.” I told him, realizing the dirty laundry the empty suitcase and the blank tapes were all a nightmare. I was up until after midnight last night getting these chores done.

Today I clean the house, do some school with Tony, go bike riding with him, and set out those last items I need both today and tomorrow before we leave.

We took this same train trip last September; we really enjoyed ourselves, and are looking forward to this trip. Now, if only I can be assured I’m not forgetting anything…. Where is that hairbrush?


In case you’re wondering, Amtrak offers deeply discounted tickets at their Amtrak Rail Sale website. These are unadvertised, internet-only sales that are not supported by a reservation desk.