Duran Family

Duran Family

Saturday, April 24, 2004

"I'm NOT done with that, Mommy."

Well, that mattress stayed out of room for all of about twelve hours. (Read below to understand what I’m talking about.)

In the middle of the night last night, Tony came into our room, and gave a little cry of despair when he realized the mattress was missing. “Mommy, where am I supposed to sleep?” he emphatically asked. I was sound asleep when he came in, and his cry startled me awake.

“I thought you said you didn’t want it anymore,” I mumbled half into my pillow.

“I changed my mind, Mommy. I’m not done with it. Where’s the mattress?” Tony said, close to tears.

I had put the mattress on the top bunk for Tony to sleep on since he had been sleeping on a pile of blankets up there.

“Daddy will get the mattress for you,” I told Tony. I was made more awake by the elbow and groan on the other side of the bed. Inwardly, I was glad Tony came back to our room. That tiny step backward isn’t permanent yet.

Angelo stumbled back into our room with the mattress, dropped it onto the floor and climbed back into bed. I hastily arranged some blankets over it while Tony climbed underneath. Soon we were all sleeping again, a complete family, with Prince in the middle of us all.