Duran Family

Duran Family

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Do not worry about tomorrow...

Matthew 6:30-34

If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' .....your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.....

Angelo and I have challenges looming on the horizon of the like we have not seen before. We've known these challenges were coming; in fact, except through the grace of God, we would have been in the middle of these challenges already.

It's easy to fear for the future; what may happen six or seven months from now. And, because of these challenges it's also easy to fear for the plans we have made:

Our upcoming church outing
Tony's summer camp in July
Music camp in August
Auditions

I fear that whatever will be taking place in the coming months will not allow Tony to continue in choir.

I fear that the upcoming challenges will leave us in a vulnerable and undesirable place.

I fear that there will be a loss of reputation and friendship because these challenges.

So, today, I need to remind myself that God will provide for us.

No comments: