Duran Family

Duran Family

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

DeeDee and Tony - signs of growing up

DeeDee

Mama of Two on her blog tells of her daughter adjusting to a new awake/asleep schedule and the trials that go with it. DeeDee seems to be following suit. Three times in the last seven days DeeDee has not taken a nap though I've put her down for one. Our dear daughter loves books and can not go to sleep without a least six or seven books scattered about her bed. Usually when I check on her later, DeeDee is curled up asleep, head on her blanket, and a book somehwere nearby.

But yesterday, and twice last week, she stayed awake, "reading" to herself or singing along with the music that was quietly playing in her room. She had no desire or interest to go to sleep.

This evening while I was out tutoring, Angelo told me that about 9:00, DeeDee came up to him and told him, "Daddy, bed, night-night." She grabbed him by the finger and pulled him to her room so she could go to bed.

Tony

Tony will be done with school as of Friday. Yes, this Friday. Well, mostly. As much as we can this summer, he will be working on a supplimental math page a day from the back of his math book, and he'll continue his Bible lessons from Your Story Hour.

The other day I read to Tony what I wrote in this blog about him. Even though names are changed, he still realized that I talk about him on this blog. Once I read to him my entry, he realized that a little bit of what goes on in this house won't necessarily stay in this house. He understood a bit better that his reputation is like a late afternoon shadow - that it stretches for a long ways. His attitude the last couple days has been much better.

No comments: