Angelo and I attended the first of a series of classes last night; and free babysitting was provided. Knowing that DeeDee would probably cry at my departure from the kids' room, and not knowing what kind of babysitting arrangements had been made (would there be adults in the room or teenagers) I made sure Tony had his cell phone, and that he knew how to text message me. I set up his phone so that he would be able to only send messages to me, and practiced with him on how to send and receive messages.
It went well last night. Tony sent me one message; telling me how many homework items he was going to work on, and later he responded to my inqury of how DeeDee was doing. It gave me some small comfort knowing I could be informed of what was going on in the room down the hall without disturbing the meeting or having to leave to find out for myself.
Oh, the babysitting arrangments? Two adults, including my preschooler's mom, and two very capable, older teenagers.
No comments:
Post a Comment