About 8:30 this evening, a "new listing" temporary for sale sign was put up in our yard. As our realtor walked back across our lawn, I told her "my heart is in my throat."
Frankly, friends, I'm scared. IF the house sells for the listed price, and after we pay all the fees, the debt, and find another place to live, there won't be much to live on. It's called faith, I guess. F-A-I-T-H.
Our realtor is hoping that the house will sell within a month; she says this is the perfect time to get it on the market.
After she left this evening Tony and I sat in his room and talked for a bit. We talked of stranger danger, we talked of the importance of keeping the house clean, we talked of good times and times ahead, we talked of our feelings (and we cried some), and we talked about what we'd like in the next place we live. I told him that this will be a stressful time for us and we need to work together, to love each other and be patient with each other.
He told me he'd like to have bedrooms upstairs and be able to "come downstairs for breakfast" like it says in one of his favorite stories. I told him I'd like to have a master bathroom and walk-in closets, as well as an under-the counter dishwasher.
He asked me if we were going to take his bunk beds and what will happen to our pets. I told him about when his Nana (my mom) and her family moved from Vermont to California when she was his age. He cried when he realized that he wasn't going to see Oliver or Maggy, or Max, or Jack or Macy (dogs that live around here) or their owners anymore. I encouraged him to think of this as an exciting adventure, like our vacation. And even though he was sad about the end of our vacation, he think about the fun times we had.
I expressed concern over our neighbor lady who has not taken to this impending sale very well.
Most of all, I told Tony that what ever happens, God will lead and direct and take care of us. We have seen it time and time again, more times than I can count, really.
And we pray. Most of all we pray for God's blessings so that we may be a blessing to other people through our testimony of God's love.
No comments:
Post a Comment