(Yawn) Excuse me, you weren't suppose to see that. I'm sorry. I don't why it is that I am more tired when I am out of routine then when I have a schedule to follow.
My week has been a mixture of playmate to the kids, nag to Angelo, tutor to Tony, comforter to DeeDee, friend to Angelo and drill sergeant to the whole family. (Hmmm, that sounds to much like my every day life of being a wife and mother.)
Now that Tony has a computer, I've spent time teaching him how to care for it, set it up, take it down, turn it on and turn it off. He has added accessories such as a mouse and mouse pad, a wireless Internet card, one of my old jump drives, and non-game programs such as a typing tutor, word processing and email. Through my ISP, I was able to secure a ----- @- -kid.--- email address for him. I think it's pretty cool that his email has the word "kid" in it.
Tony has learned that caring for and handling a computer is not as easy as pick up and carry it. He has to know how to turn the thing off, unplug all the extras, where to store them in his computer case; and then how to set everything up again. He's taken on this responsibility eagerly.
DeeDee is standing more and more which means she loses her balance and falls on her seat or other places a bit more often as well. That means that I have had to comfort her tears when she startles or scares herself in her tumbles.
With Angelo, well you know how husbands are, right? Sometimes they put off what they do not like to do until you practically drag them by the ear to the task that has to be done.
Last night, I had the urge to go out to eat. Understand we do this very seldom; in fact the last time we were at a sit-down meal at our favorite restaurant was when DeeDee was four days old. Well, we went back last night over Angelo's objections. We were greeted like long lost friends, and the owners were quick to gaa-gaa goo-goo over DeeDee. They gave us the best table in their restaurant and prepared our meal over others who where there before us (much to my chagrin). The food was excellent as usual, and Tony received his bag full of fortune cookies. Afterward, Angelo admitted that this was a good thing - it hit the spot for us both. The nice thing is that this restaurant doesn't brake our bank every time we go out.
So this weekend it's time to put Christmas away. We have to take the tree down, pack away the Christmas scene, and arrange the furniture back to its non-Christmas places. School starts on Tuesday, Jan. 2. I'm not sure I'll be ready for it; I still have grading I need to get done.
No comments:
Post a Comment