So Christmas has come and gone. Tony, I think is still living in the wonder of it all.
We tracked Santa on Noradsanta.org, and when he got close to the United States, Tony began to get antsy. "I've got to write Santa a note and set out his snack," he told me several times. I helped him get down a paper plate from the cupboard, and he carefully set out milk, a PB&J sandwhich, a couple of filbert nuts, an apple; and celery for the reindeer. Tony also wrote a note in his nearly best handwriting, imploring Santa to not leave coal, "because I've mostly been a good boy."
In due time, Santa responded to his note, ate the snack, (it's a good thing I like celery, because Tony had cut three stalks into thirds; one part for each reindeer), and left his gift.
Tony was thrilled yesterday morning to discover that Santa had indeed been in the house. He was so excited he didn't see the gift Santa left him, even though he was practically tripping over it.
When he finally did discover what Santa left him, he was stunned. He never thought he would get something like this until he was quite a few years older. Santa gave him a new-to-him notebook computer.
But that wasn't the only gift he got. He also got his long awaited cowboy boots, and a magic kit.
DeeDee received a new LilyFrog doll, a toy cell phone, some clothes and book.
We really did have a good Christmas, not in terms of the "loot"; rather, in terms of family fun, memories and togetherness.
No comments:
Post a Comment