Duran Family

Duran Family

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Say Thank - You. It means a lot.

Entry three of three

As we left Church Outing this morning, I stopped by the administration building to turn in my keys. As I walked out the office door, I spotted "Pastor Bill," one of the key leaders in Tony's Primary class this last week. Pastor Bill had his hands full with boxes, but politely stopped to let me step away from the office door.

As I thanked the Pastor for this kind gesture, I also told him of Tony's enthusiasm for the classes this past week. "And with every sentence, your name was there," I told him. "You had a major influence in Tony's life, and I want to say thank-you."

The Pastor was touched by this simple statement. I know what these pastors go through. They are on campus at least three days ahead of the start of Church Outing, and work very long hours in order to see the success of the event. Often they do two or three jobs every day, perhaps the kids meetings morning, afternoon and evening (total of 7 hours of kid time) plus probably another two to three hours of prep time; and in between, they may be conducting counseling sessions, or having prayer with someone, or working at the book store. There are the daily pastor meetings at 6AM and the debriefing session every night at 10:30.

How many parents stop to say thanks for all the hard work. It took maybe a minute of my time, but it was well worth it to me.

Say thanks to someone. It will make their day, and yours too.

No comments: