Duran Family

Duran Family

Friday, May 26, 2006

We made it to the end!

It was a warm beautiful day to end our school year. We made it to today. Tina, my fourth grade student didn't come today; she and her family were headed out early for a long holiday weekend. That's a shame because our yearbooks showed up today (remember I asked if anyone knew about mypublisher.com?), and I am thrilled with the quality of work.

Also, our ITBS standardized test scores came today and I am proud to say that Tony's reading skills ranked the same as a student who was in the third grade, ninth month.

Rachel and Paula are excited about coming back next year, and in fact helped me make plans for next year's field trips. They even want to help me get our living room/ school room set up.

It appears right now that Tina will not be returning. I am not sure of the reasons why, but I will not take this decision personally. I have done my best with her, and I am sure that this experience will be a positive one for her. Several times during the latter half of the year, she gave me notes stating I was the best teacher ever. To me that speaks volumes about how I did - more than what her parents decide to do for her schooling.

Oh, one last thing. I thought you might enjoy my attempt to keep DeeDee's eyes protected from the sun:

She didn't like the idea of sunglasses, so......


No comments: