Duran Family

Duran Family

Monday, May 22, 2006

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

...said the little engine that could.

I have four days of school left. I can make it, I know I can. Then I can sleep and have the maternity leave I didn't take right away.

We finished our yearbooks and got them ordered last week. Here's the deal. All year we've been working on creating fancy layouts using the program Micros*ft Digital Image. Everything was to be turn in and completed by May 18th.

On Wednesday last week, I wandered into one of my "garbage" emails (the email I supply to website that I think will only send me a bunch of garbage) and found an offer for mypublisher.com. Order one photo album, get a second one free. I checked out the website and the program, and found it to be pretty good. In fact, this company offers good quality, bound photo albums; something that would work for a yearbook. So, after working with a software program all year to create a homecreated photo album, I had mere hours to completely redo the whole thing so it could be professionally published and bound.

Let's add grading, which I can not get behind in right now, with us being right at the finish line of school. So I had/have to stay up late to keep it current. (Then why am I typing on a blog right now.)

Then there's DeeDee who, like all of us, has grumpy days once in awhile, and insomina. Generally one very warm bottle of mommy's milk takes care of the insomnia, but the effect is not immediate.

As far as this weekend is concerned, I had a graduation to attend Sunday morning, and a baby shower held in our behalf in the afternoon. I had very little time in between. Graduation started at 10:00; I got home about 11:45. I had about 50 minutes to change, redo my hair, feed DeeDee, feed myself (with food that Angelo prepared for me,) get her into the van, and then pray all the way to the baby shower that I wouldn't get caught speeding.

Like I said, I have four days left of school. I think I make it....no, I KNOW I can make it to the end. The track is ju-u-st long enough for me to get that far before I crash into a big mountain.

This summer I have church outing, Tony has Summer Fun Squad, we really hope to take a family vacation this summer. Of course, I will be planning and preparing for next year's school.

No comments: