Duran Family

Duran Family

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Greetings from the local library

No, I didn't vanish off the face of the earth, and no, I'm not stuck in the hospital with a new bouncing baby. I've been exciled from the Internet world by a snafu created by our local phone company.

Fortunately our library system is wireless so I can set up my little computer at any corner table turn it on and voila - I'm back.

It's been an interesting few days. Because of the continuing snowfall (another storm on Thursday) we did not go to co-op. In fact my three young ladies didn't even make it to school. One had a fever, and her did didn't want to drive the other two, so our spring break started two days early.

We are more prepared for the coming baby. Bassenet, diaper bag, diapers, baby wash, bottles, blankets and a few baby clothes have found their places in our room. I've spent the morning cutting cloth diapers and sewing them into burp rags, and an old towel will soon find new life as a couple of burp rags as well.

I am eight months along today, and can hardly wait for this baby to make an appearance. I have chosen the third member of our labor team, a lady from my church who has never experienced a birth before. I think she'll do an awesome job. Mandy, Angelo and I will spending some time together before the grand event so we all feel comfortable in our roles. I know Mandy is excited about joining us, and I am comforted knowing that she is a very capable person.

Tony is certainly getting excited. Every day he is more and more protective of me, making sure that I am doing OK.

I'll have to keep this short; my next entry will probably be after I get my Internet back at home.

No comments: