Here's a story of a .... well, I'm just not good at making a rhyming story/song like the Brady Bunch. So instead of trying to be cute, let me just tell you what happened. One evening last week, after previewing Tony's school for the next day I came upstairs and heard an ominous quiet sound. My computer was not working. This was the second time in six weeks that my computer quit working on me.
Angelo thought it was this problem... but it wasn't. So he was sure it was that problem... nope, not that either. The days goes by and my computer has its guts spread out across the table - the dining room table. I'm relegated to using Tony's computer, configured for a little boy, or Angelo's which was so full of technology related stuff that I couldn't get through it. Besides, he uses a browser I don't know very well. Needless to say, it was rather frustrating.
In one final umph, Angelo stayed up until 2:00 this morning trying to get my computer to work. The computer won the stubborn battle and refused to "smile."
This morning, Angelo tried to explain to me what was going on, but the terms he was using contradicted themselves. He finally told it to me this way, "Your computer opened the door, looked out at the big wide world and shouted, 'YOKWE!' Unfortunately, the only person there to translate what your computer was saying to the world is on strike and won't talk."
Oh.
But as you can see, Angelo waved his magic wand, (or sweated and grunted as he mediated between the computer and the "translator") and got my computer to work again.
Hopefully, now that I'm back, I can stay back. Though that laptop sure would have been a nice replacement.
No comments:
Post a Comment