Duran Family

Duran Family

Monday, December 27, 2004

The life of a mommy doing emergency babysitting.

Angelo and I got a phone call early this morning asking if we could babysit. Tony's best friends' dad is in severe pain, possibly from kidney stones. So I have four kids hanging around today.

I kept the kids out of Tony's room this morning so I could clean and sort as I had planned to do. I managed to throw out a garbage bag full of cheap forgotten toys, scraps of paper, clothes to worn to be any good, and a few rumpled art projects also forgotten. Just as soon as I declared it clean, the four rushed in and promptly pulled out all the toys with small pieces. Yeah all the toys that I had just spent an hour putting together with their small pieces into zippy baggies.

I guess that's what a mom is for. Now to wash all the breakfast dishes (doubled this morning) and the lunch dishes (also doubled).

There's laundry to do, dusting, and oh yeah, I need to finish cleaning the bathroom, if I could get to it between four kids darting in and out of there - four kids, three of them boys.

Please don't come knocking on my door. The kids came so early, I haven't even had a time to do my hair much less take a shower.

No comments: