Duran Family

Duran Family

Thursday, October 14, 2004

A birthday party and job interviews.

We had a birthday party for my mom tonight. Ten of her best friends (five couples) came over bringing dinner, presents, cake and ice cream (minus the candles) with them. It was a time of celebration, of laughter, pictures, and jokes. And yes, there were some tears as well; tears of gratitude for all our friends have done to support us. It was great, memorable time.


Angelo got a call the other night, seemingly out of the blue from a large software company in a far away state. (Alright, I'm in the same state as the software company, but from where I live it's in a far away state.) He did a phone interview yesterday with the H.R. person, and to a call back today from the project manager who is hiring and wants to set up a second interview. Am I happy? Am I excited about this turn of events? NO!!!! I've been in tears over it. I DO NOT WANT TO MOVE! My home in the Midwest is my home now. Tony's friends are like his brothers and sisters. I'm settled and I'm established. I never had to move as a child, and neither should Tony.

I'll keep you up-to-date on this new twist and turn in our lives.

No comments: