Do you mind if I engage in a self pity-party? My birthday is tomorrow, and it looks like it will be a repeat of last year. Last year my husband said there was no money for a present, and we would probably be eating bean soup for supper. He did get the “needed” cake for me, (didn’t he WANT to get a cake for me out of love, rather then NEED to get a cake? Sounds like an obligation) and then he promptly snitched a piece of cake before I could even blow out any candles.
He finally escaped the house to get me a peace offering, and took Tony with him, where the car (not the present one) threw a rod, so I never did get a present last year.
This year, my husband has to work late, (in fact he still isn’t home) thus blowing our chances for going to eat this evening. Tomorrow isn’t possible because I have music practice, and the weekend is filled with services, field trips, youth meetings, weekend school (because of Co-op next week) and the like. And like last year, my husband says he isn’t sure where he is going to get the money to buy me a present (this present has been promised me for a year: a birthday, for Christmas, for Mother’s Day, my birthday again, and will probably be promised for Christmas again as well) – so I probably won’t get one.
No comments:
Post a Comment