I'm not an astronomer or anything, but I do like to gaze upon Orion.
Early this morning (try 3:00AM) the dog got Angelo out of bed and out the door. Prince had to do his business, and Angelo took him out. Soon Angelo was back and inviting me to go out and look at the full moon. "It is so bright out there you can read by it," he exclaimed. So I went.
The air was cool and crisp, the moon light was soft and refreshing. And he was right, I could read by it.
Then I saw Orion just above the treetops in the eastern sky. I was delighted.
Orion means fall, and cool weather, and fresh air.
Orion is falling leaves, and leaf piles and giggling kids.
Orion signals sweaters and sweatshirts, tea and hot chocolate.
When I see Orion, I know my favorite time of year is coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment