Every morning before Angelo leaves for work we have a little ritual we go through. After he’s gathered his glasses, PDA, cell phone and his bag, we gather around in a little circle and pray. He starts, and then Tony, and I finish up.
Following our prayers comes “The sandwich hug.” Tony is “sandwiched” between Angelo and I, and we both give Tony big wet, sloppy kisses that he tries to duck from. Of course he can’t move very much as he is squished between us.
Finally, Angelo is out the door. Tony, Prince and I gather at the dining room window to wave goodbye as Angelo drives past. Well, Tony and I wave; Prince says good-bye in his own way, by barking and howling. As soon as the car is out of sight we go on about our day.
At the end of the day, when Angelo arrives home, Tony scurries to the door shouting “Daddy’s home, daddy’s home!” Prince is right on his heels wagging his tail and whining. I follow behind waiting for the commotion to settle down before greeting Angelo in my own way. It’s a good thing and I treasure it.
What is your morning and evening ritual?
No comments:
Post a Comment