Duran Family

Duran Family

Sunday, July 25, 2004

A discrepancy of a large scale

Also posted on my exercise blog
We purchased a new analog scale at the beginning of my weight loss.  I quickly discovered that I have to "zero it out" before I step on it, and that I have to zero it out and step on it about five times to get an average reading.  In addition the lines between the ten pound intervals were so small I could barely read them, thus having to make sure that Angelo was around when I weighed in so he could tell the weight. This morning he came home with a new large read out digital scale.  Oh goody!  I got the battery in, stepped on it, and to my horror, discovered that there is at least a five pound discrepancy between it and the analog one.  Where I weighed 169 last week, now I am 174 again. So, what to do?  I think I might transition over to the digital one since it's easier to read, and I don't have to zero it out each time, and I'll use the analog one for comparison.  I will be using the digital one as my "official" scale now, even though the numbers are higher. 

As Angelo says, the important thing is that I have lost weight and that's good.


No comments: