Duran Family

Duran Family

Thursday, May 06, 2004

Look Mommy! I swim like a fishy fish!

Just when I thought there was nothing more to write about, Tony accomplishes one last goal. All week, he has been working hard on his swimming in the pool each evening. Tonight, he accomplished what he worked so hard to achieve. With one little hint, he "got it" and took off.

"Look Mommy!" he squealed when he came up for air, "I'm a fishy fish."

I'm not sure who had the bigger smile, him or me. He made it into my arms and received a BIG hug.

He spent about an hour swimming from the wall to me, to our hosts, and even across the pool and back.

I finally caught my fishy fish son, and looking deeply into his delighted brown eyes, I could only tell him, "I love you" over and over again while the ocean roared directly in the background.