Duran Family

Duran Family

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

"Leave Mommy. I want to be with Miss Mary”

When Tony was two years old, we met a wonderful lady we call Miss Mary. Tony adores her. I drop him off at her place a couple blocks up the road from where we live, and for a few minutes she and I visit. Soon however, Tony is urging me to leave because it’s his time to be with Miss Mary. I make my departure, and they have their time together. Often it’s playing games inside or out, eating a snack, talking and being together - the young with the old.

Several times Miss Mary has come to our aid, taking Tony when some crisis came to our house, or rescuing son and husband from a broken down car.
I think Tony says it best, “I like Miss Mary because she is so lovable.”

I think everyone needs a person outside his or her immediate family like Miss Mary. Do you have such a person?

No comments: