This morning, as Anthony (Tony) and I were getting ready to take Angelo to work, Tony was outside playing in the dew-wet grass. He noticed that the grass was wet but the driveway nearby wasn't.
"Look Mommy!" he told me, "the grass is wet but not the driveway. Did it rain last night?"
This set up a great science class. After dropping Angelo off, Tony and I took a bowl, put a warm, wet towel in it, covered it with a clear lid, and took it into outside. Soon condensation was forming on the lid. I simply explained to Tony that dew forms when the water in the plants is warmer than the air around it, and that makes it come to the surface.
"Just like when it rained on the ice in the pond and all that fog came out?" he asked me trying to relate it to the rainstorm we had about a week and a half ago.
"Sure, just like when the warm rain turned cool because the air round it was cool," I replied. Sometimes I wonder how I am ever going to keep up with the intelligence my son inherited from his dad.
Off to gather more data from Amtrak...