This is an update on my previous blog. The president of our conference saw my blog and contacted me to let me know he would be more than happy to meet with Tony. The meeting took place this morning. For in this meeting, selling an ad wasn't the important thing; meeting with Tony's church leaders, and having church leaders meet with Tony was what was important. The presentation was only the medium used to make that meeting happen and to share information.
As Tony and I prepared his materials, we prayed together, and on our own. (We've done that with the others, but this one specifically.) It is so important for young people of faith to feel connected with their church, especially so when young people of faith are not attending faith based schools or institutions. One way to have a connection is to have a relationship with faith leaders. I think our president is aware of this, and for that I am very, very grateful.
The meeting will go much farther than an ad in a choir book; this meeting will hopefully generate a friendship between Tony and his church leaders; it will provide a source of wisdom and of future connections.
There are so many layers to this that go beyond language. The bottom line is, I am glad that our president saw fit to meet with an 11-year-old boy, to hear what he had to say, to share similar experiences that Tony has had, and to not only pray for and with my son, but gave Tony the opportunity to pray for the president and the other administrators.
It is so much deeper than a choir book ad. So much deeper.
1 comment:
I'm delighted that it went so well and you got a response!! Tony will benefit from this in so many ways. My faith in (some) human beings is restored!!
Post a Comment