Duran Family

Duran Family

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The last horse back ride of the season

For the past three weeks Tony and DeeDee have enjoyed riding horses at a church friend's house. Tonight was the last night for that due to the changing weather. I wanted to make sure to get video and pictures of the kids.

This is Tony riding the horse Spirit. Spirit is a well-trained, sweet, and talented Pony of America breed horse - er pony. Only she is too tall to be techinally a pony.

Last week and the week before we put DeeDee on Spirit and I held on to her while Spirit was led around by her owner. Tonight however, the owner got onto the back of the horse and led Spirit with DeeDee in front. DeeDee was thrilled by this change in riding arrangements. The owner even got Spirit to trot a little.

Ok, yes, I got on the horse as well. It's been a long time! But I enjoyed myself and realized that riding horses is like riding a bike, you never really forget.

No comments: