Duran Family

Duran Family

Thursday, September 25, 2008

"And don't forget your swim suit"

This past weekend, Tony, DeeDee and I were invited over to a church friend's place for a Wednesday evening fellowship.

Tony only knew we were headed someplace near here, but he had no clue why. I wouldn't answer questions.

Finally, yesterday afternoon I gave him a clue. "You'll need to wear different shoes than the tennis shoes you have on now." He asked if he needed his cowboy boots.

"You might."

He asked if he needed his flip-flops or sandals.

"You might."

This frustrated him, so he declared he would put them all into the van.

"Oh, and throw in your swimsuit, and grab the pizza pretzels from the freezer."

Now he was really confused.

Just as we got into the van, I told him, "Grab your bike helmet!"

We headed east about 45 minutes until we reached a farm. There Tony discovered a couple kids gathered in an corral taking turns riding a horse under supervision. Tony was thrilled! He got his turn as did DeeDee. Unfortunately I didn't get my camera out fast enough.

It was about 45 minutes into our visit did Tony realize he had swimsuit in the van. "Mom, when do I go swimming?"

All I could do was laugh and explain to him that the sandals, the flip-flops, the swim suit and the pretzels were all false leads. I did simply to keep him guessing what he would be doing. He thought that was a pretty cool trick.

We had dinner together; and then while the kids played outside in the the adults had Bible study.

No comments: