This afternoon, as I was scurrying around cleaning this and putting away that, my phone rings. It was Alex's mom nonchalantly asking when school started. WHAT? I stuttered and stammered and tried to think of a good way to get out of having Alex this year. But in the end, I couldn't. The money he brings in will assure that I can pay for choir, school, co-op and piano lessons. But, it also means that I can't go run errands on a whim, and go for a last minute field trip or do daytime swimming lessons.
Right now I'm in a "AHHHHH!!! I've got so much to do; so much to plan for!" But, since I have no materials right now, I can't do a thing other than wad up my schedule throw it away and come up with something else. I'm also thinking of charging the mom $50 less a month for school only four days a week. Then I can still do afternoon swimming lessons, and have one day a week for running around. Yeah, I think I might consider that.
DeeDee is sure excited Alex is coming back! She's asked about it him a couple times this summer. When I told her he was coming, she ran over to her desk and cleaned it out so Alex can have it back.
Now for Tony's camp.
I took Tony to the choir building this afternoon for his audition and for camp. He wanted me to stay for his audition which I did. He came bouncing out about 15 minutes after he went in excited about what he did. He told me he thought he did a good job, and that Mr. Artistic Director, Mr. Conductor and Mr. Founder all said he did a very good job.
The buses were pulled up to the choir building as that is how the boys are transported to camp. DeeDee, bless her heart, felt she should be ride the buses because she had her choir shirt on. "Mommy," she insisted, "DeeDee choir shirt, DeeDee ride bus." So with Mr. Founder's permission I helped her into one of the buses so she could walk down the aisle and sit in one of the seats. She wasn't all the happy to leave because the bus hadn't moved, but she didn't make a fuss over it.
So, now we sit, we wait and try to keep busy, even with so much to do but with no materials to do it with.
Anybody up for a game of thumb wrestling? No, wait, I've got to clean up DeeDee's mess and get her table out for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment