Duran Family

Duran Family

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A run-down on the job scene

So, I've told you that Angelo has a job. It's a six-month contract position that could go longer. We will call that "Job B."

This morning he had a face-to-face interview with a large company that has European roots. This is the job I really hope he will take because not only is full-time, they service an industry I am really interested in. We will call this "Job P." This company wants to set up a team meeting with Angelo later this week as a final run down before they extend him the opportunity.

Right now he is having a face-to face interview with a smaller company that seems to have a sturdy financial base. This opportunity is also full time. This is "Job C."

And then there's Job F. This full-time position is in a southern state. Three times the head-hunter has called asking to talk with Angelo. Three times this head hunter has been told that unless it is full-time (they are), offers moving expenses (not sure), and has an excellent salary and benefits package (the head hunter claimed the salary would be six-digits), Angelo isn't interested. He isn't interested for other reasons; it is in a state neither he nor I have absolutely no desire to move to. The weather isn't to our liking; in fact, Angelo moved from that state because of the weather and because of the unpleasant memories of his time there.

Job F called again this afternoon. The head hunter begged to talk to Angelo (remember he's doing a second interview right at this instant!). I was upfront and told this guy what was up; the Job P, the Job B, the Job C and the possibilities that lie within. "(Even if these two full-time jobs don't come through, he will be starting with Job B next week," I said.

The head hunter sounded disappointed, but I took his name and phone number to give to my husband.

I hung up the phone and then exasperatingly told it, "Enough already! Angelo has a job, and could have three! We don't need to move to that state!"

At the same time I'm thanking God for the blessings He has given to our family.

No comments: