Duran Family

Duran Family

Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Job, A Job, Angelo's got a Job!!!!

That's right! Angelo accepted a temporary position this morning for a job in a near by community!!! In addition, he has a second phone interview for the job possibility in the very nearby community I mentioned a week ago. Thank you for all your prayers and keep praying for us as we continue to navigate all the possibility and work out what is best for our family.

In other news, I just reread yesterday's blog entry and realized I was very grumpy and tired. I don't like to leave grumpy entries on top so I am very please to announce Angelo's success in the job world.

Also, this is the time of year where communities come together for their various festivals. In Washington I know a community that has it's "Whaling Days" and "Raspberry festivals." I've also heard of "Duk Duk Daze" and "Whiz Bang days."

So, tell me, what kind of days does your community have?

Every year the choir puts out a souvenir program book with all the boys' pictures in it and a brief bio about them. In this book is a place for advertising. So with this weekend's activities going on, I took the opportunity to go out and do a little ad space selling for the choir. There was an article in the big local paper about the success of the international boys and I thought I'd ride on that and see what success I'd have in selling ads. I dressed the kids up in their choir t-shirts (yes, DeeDee has one, too) and pulled them along as we handed out fliers for day camp and drove around to targeted places such as my dentist, my bank and where Tony used to take piano lessons and pitched the choir all the while with two cute kids at my side. There was some success and hopefully there will be more from those who couldn't say yes right away.

No comments: