Duran Family

Duran Family

Sunday, June 22, 2008

We are Home

Ahhh, air conditioning! My own bed! A space larger than a dorm room! Quiet! Yes, I'm home.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't enjoy church outing, it's just that, well, I am not able to fully appreciate it yet. There is so much I miss out on because DeeDee is still too young to attend classes all day.

So, I missed the early morning meetings because I'm trying to get kids up, fed, and out the door.
I missed the morning classes because I'm with DeeDee in her Cradle Roll class.
I missed the late-morning classes because I'm trying to get lunch ready for the kids.
I missed the afternoon classes because DeeDee is napping.
I missed the late afternoon classes because I'm trying to get supper ready for the kids.
I missed the first half of the evening meetings because I was trying to get DeeDee down for the night. Didn't work; there was just too much going on.

By Thursday, I finally said to myself, "Self, there's baby sitting available for the evening meeting. Take advantage of it!" So I did. Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night I took DeeDee to the ad building so I could have some time to myself.


The rest of the weekend DeeDee was with me; status: Normal - squirming and restless. Needless to say I didn't get as much out of the meeting as I wish I had been able.

But, we are home. All day yesterday, as I finished using something (dishes, towels, etc.) I would pack it way. Then, of all the days of the week Tony invited Pastor K, the song service leader for his age group to come over and play guitar for a bit with Tony and his friend Essie. The rest of the week I'd worked hard to keep our room clean. Saturday night, it was a mess from all the half-packing.

As the three played, and I saw the delight in Tony's eyes as he masters more and more guitar playing, I didn't mind the mess. I was happy that Tony was able to accomplish so much with his music in such a short time.



One sad note, however. I dropped my camera sometime during the week and now all my pictures have lines going through them. I don't know when I can afford to get another good digital camera - not for a while, at least.

No comments: