Duran Family

Duran Family

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The song of the early bird

It's an annual tradition here at church outing to have a watermelon feed after the evening meeting. The kids love it and it's a great way for people to socialize.

Tony was among the first there; having arrived straight from his evening class. By the time I arrived with DeeDee, he had already eaten his fill and was playing around with his friends. I didn't have a chance to get a picture of his juicy face full of watermelon.

This was DeeDee's first watermelon feed and she loved it!

It was about 10:30 by the time the kids were in bed and quiet. I took some time to write in a journal (I think it was Tony's) until I was spending more time with my eyes closed than open.

The song of the early bird goes something like this: "Mommy! I've got to go!" But he wasn't quite fast enough. So at 4:30 this morning Mama Bird, who really wanted to sleep was doing the laundry.

~~~~~
I've got to tell you, I am so impressed by Tony's guitar playing!!! Look at this.

No comments: