Duran Family

Duran Family

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Surreal Life

I don't know what hit me, but I'm soooo glad that it didn't stick around.

Friday evening I was hit with the chills. I was so cold I could not stop shivering. I asked Tony to keep an eye on his sister and crawled into bed. Angelo didn't arrive home until late, having been asked to stay to help with some late development on a project his company is working on.

I had a nasty headache akin to a migraine, and those chills wouldn't go away. I tossed and turned all night.

Yesterday wasn't much better. Wave after wave of chills swept my body, making my skin hypersensitive to touch. I was able to get up for a few minutes when under the influence of ibuprofen and acetaminophen, but the rest of the day I shivered under mountains of blankets.

Finally late in the day I took a hot bath, and then applied a heating pad to my mid-section.
I slept on the couch to ease my aching joints.

Today, I'm just fine.

Weird.

No comments: