Today was co-op. As we headed in through the main entrance, Tony headed one direction to his classes while I deposited Alex and DeeDee in their respective classrooms.
Only it wasn't that easy.
As soon as DeeDee realized that Tony was no longer with us, she despaired. "Tony! Tony!" she cried, signing his name to add emphasis to her pleas. "Play Tony!" I tried to tell her that Tony had to go to class, but she would not be comforted. So I did an about face and took her upstairs to the gym where Tony was already doing warm-up exercises with his class. I called him over and had him explain to her that he couldn't play now, that he had work to do. With a hug and a kiss, he went back to his warm ups while I took dear DeeDee back downstairs.
She was fine the rest of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment