Duran Family

Duran Family

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Oops

Oops...that's not something you want to hear - or say - when dealing with hair cuts.

Tony's hair was getting a little ragged around the ears and in the back. The natural lay of his hair makes it look like he has a duck tail in the back when it gets long, so last night I endeavored to clean up a bit. Now that he is in choir he needs to have his hair neatly cut. I got the back done with no problems and reached for the ear tapers to snap onto the clippers. I did the left side with no problems, it looked OK. I reached for the right ear taper and started in on the right side. I was surprised at the amount of hair that came off. When I pulled the clippers away all I could say was "oops." I called Angelo up and he took a look. It appeared that I had used the clippers without any taper on it at all. It looked, well awkward.

I was too chicken to try and "fix" it, knowing I would probably make it worse. We usually don't go to the barber because of the cost, but we discussed it last night. Tony doesn't remember going to the barber and voiced his opinion about it - he didn't want to go. I finally decided that we would call M and see what she could do. She has an artistic bend to her, and I was sure she could take a near disaster and turn it into something good.

We went over this afternoon, and after assessing the situation, she pulled out her clippers and went to work. She did a wonderful job and Tony looks just fine and will not have to endure funny looks. Probably about the only thing that will be said was “Look’s like you got your ears lowered.” He can handle that.

No comments: