Went to Costco this afternoon to pick up a few items like diapers, milk, cereal, oranges, yogurt... you know boring stuff like that. I found a container of seedless grapes and placed them in my cart. It's a good thing that was the last item to go in because all the way to the check out line DeeDee was turning around in the cart seat, reaching for the grapes saying, "Mama, gapes, MAMA! GAPES!"
On the way home in the van all I heard was, "MA-MA! GAPES!!"
As soon as I got her in the house she took off her jacket and went to the kitchen where she s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d and r-e-a-c-h-e-d as high as she could to get to the grapes on top of the dishwasher.
Now her pleads turned to whines, "Maaa-maaaa, gaaapeees."
I knew she was hungry, so after I put the other stuff away I took a handful of those precious grapes, washed them, cut them in half and dropped them into a small bowl. Eagerly DeeDee followed me to the table where, before I lifted her up to her seat I asked her what she wanted.
"Gapes.......Pease." she replied oh so sweetly.
She sure enjoyed those grapes!
No comments:
Post a Comment