Whatever happened to my childhood favorite blue brush, the one with the black bristles that felt so good on my scalp when I brushed? It did a wonderful job straightening out the tangles in my long little-girl hair. That brush fit into my hand so well....whatever did happen to it? Guess I'll have to ask my mom. In the meantime I'll use DeeDee's brush, the burgundy one with the black bristles, the one that feels so good on my scalp when I brush.
Whatever happened to Rita and Mildred and Dixie and LaVonne, the girls who attended my school as classmates but only stayed a few months or a year at the most and were gone, never to be heard of again. Rita, who wasn't always clean, Mildred who started school with a cast on her harm, Dixie, the gymnast, and LaVonne with the thick glasses, whatever became of them?
And I do know what happened to my favorite "blankie." It was stuffed into my mom's attic years ago, until last year when she and Dad brought it to me when they came to visit. Mom handed me an old plastic bag and urged me to open it. There, huddled in the bottom was my worn and very ragged blanket. Tears nearly filled my eyes as I reverently lifted the tattered piece of cloth from its hiding place. Mom told me she nearly threw it away but decided to let me decide what to do with it. I carefully placed it back into it's bag and gave it an honored spot in my cedar chest - along with my first Teddy Bear, first Bible and first doll.
No comments:
Post a Comment