or I guess I'm not 24 anymore, Toto.
Since this is spring break (ironic because there is still snow scattered about), I have to find something to do for my son and daughter. We spent the morning cleaning house, and this afternoon I finally said we could go to the community swimming pool. I took one look at my poor, sagging body and decided it was time to go to Target.
You know, how as a youngster you looked with a bit of disdain at the "old ladies" wearing swim suits with skirts, and their bodies did not look pretty? Well, it is with a bit of disdain and reluctant resignation that my nearly 40-year-old body has to wear a skirted swimming suit. And getting dressed in front of a mirror was not a pretty sight.
Maybe it's a good thing my mom wants to the 3-day walk. Hopefully by the time September comes around, I'll be looking more like me ten years ago again. Now that spring is here and DeeDee is a bit older, I can actually go out and get some real exercise in. Ride a bike pulling DeeDee in the bike trailer. Pushing DeeDee in a stroller. Walk, walk walk; ride, ride, ride. Anything but that neck-wrenching exercise bike downstairs. Every time I get on that thing, I end up with a charlie horse in my neck.
Today was DeeDee's first time in the pool. She wore a skirted swimming suit, too. She stood in the water for a few minutes wondering what was going on. I sat her down and showed her how to splash like in the bathtub. She enjoyed splashing for a bit, but then became curious about the other kids in the pool. Before to long I had her on her tummy planing the water, her feet kicking away. When I would stop she begged for more. She was having a grand ole' time.
The first time we took Tony, it was a week after his first birthday, and he only stood and cried the entire time.
Speaking of Amtrak, I have the first very rough draft emailed to my parents for proofreading. Please, if anyone has any connections to the higher-ups at Amtrak, let me know. This is a trip we REALLY would like to take. - Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment