Duran Family

Duran Family

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Was that a week already?

I'm sorry I've been kind of quiet around here, it's just been to busy for words. Even now I should be grading work, but decided I needed to spend at least a few seconds with my friends.

You read what happened Tuesday; that I picked up a couple girls from a school within biking distance from my house and took the them swimming. Wednesday and Thursday were just as busy.

After a full day of school on Wednesday including Alex my preschooler, I took the kids home as they live very close to my best friends, M and Lee. My dad and I wrote a gradebook/report card computer program, and M needed some help with it. I spent a couple hours up there with her taking notes and things she needed changed to fit her program. Tony and I left with just enough time to zip across town for Tony's piano lesson. By the time I got home it was after 7, and I still had to get supper ready.

Thursday was no better. We had homeschool co-op followed by pictures. This meant we were out of the house from about 8:30 until almost 1. School was after lunch until 4. That gave us about 2 and a half hours to do five hours of school. By seven PM, Tony and DeeDee were at the baby sitters while Angelo and I went out on a date.

Let me tell you more about that date. M called me mid-day Thursday and essentially told me that she was going to take my kids for a couple hours so Angelo and I could go out. Of course she presented as a question, but it wasn't really. Angelo and I jumped at the opprotunity and enjoyed a dinner for two at the Olive Garden.

Lest you think Friday I could finally slow down, think again. Friday evening I was finally able to sit down and create three more worksheets for the doctrines class I'm preparing for the junior kids at church.

Today was a work bee at the church, something that we helped out with. There's another bee next Sunday as well. (Do you know the saying 10% of the people do 90% of the work? Well, this family is part of that 10% at church.)

So now I have three days of grading to get done, clothes to fold and a house to clean for the coming week. I guess I took my breather and need to get back to work.

No comments: