You would think that from the absence of any new posts I've been gone on some great vacation. Sorry. We've been here the whole time coughing, sniffling and dealing with headaches.
We had a quiet but good Thanksgiving with our traditional meal of veggies, salad, mashed sweet potatoes, mashed white potatoes, dinner rolls, and mock turkey legs. Throw in a slice of pumpkin pie for dessert, we were set for the day.
We eventually ventured out on Friday, but the only thing we bought was a warm winter coat for DeeDee as the temperatures are supposed to drop mid-week.
We did get the house cleaned (meaning cupboards and walls washed), the Christmas tree put up, and Angelo FINALLY finished the kitchen. Remember in April of 2005 (check the archives if you want) he began to repaint it while Tony and I were on vacation with my parents in Missouri. Well, yesterday, Angelo finally painted the molding strips and got them back on the wall.
So now it's back to school for another four weeks or so and then we'll have a good two-week Christmas break. Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?
No comments:
Post a Comment