Duran Family

Duran Family

Thursday, July 13, 2006

We've been dreading this - and now it's dragging.

Our house is a kind of a modified style of this. It has two bedrooms, a wonderfully-sized kitchen, a living/dining room, and an added on family room (it used to be the garage, I think), and a basement. Notice, TWO bedrooms. We need three bedrooms.

We've been putting off selling our house; we don't have a lot of experience in selling houses; it's not something we've ever done before and hadn't planned on doing. But then we weren't planning on having DeeDee either.

But now we've taken the first steps toward readying our 60-year-old house for the market. We've secured some money, so we can replace windows (will be meeting with the contractor next Wednesday), start moving some of our stuff into storage, and replacing the kitchen floor. Now that we've made the decision, it seems like it's going to take forever to get this done. I'll let you know when it goes on the market.

There's a lot I want to get done before we go on vacation in August. I hope we can get the house on the market prior to our departure, but I think that's a long shot.

I'll keep you up to date.

No comments: