Lil, our friend who had Tony with her and her husband yesterday had planned on having our son with them again today. She must have seen the desperation in my eyes, because this morning she called and asked if it would be Ok for her to spend the day helping me today. WOULD IT BE OK?!! OF COURSE IT'S OK!!!
Bless her heart, she helped pack up the kitchen (leaving out the essentials) while I packed books, other fine dinnerware, fetched boxes from the local grocery store and tended to DeeDee. Tony, who was broken-hearted at the news he wasn't going back with Lil today, decided that having her here wasn't so bad after all.
She told me she didn't feel like she got anything done. I don't care how much she got done, the fact that she was here, encouraging me to take it easy, to take time with DeeDee, to drink water, and not worry about the state of the house when she arrived was enough to put me into tears. I appreciated it so much.
The important thing is that while we still have a lot to do, I feel like we got a lot done today. That is the important thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment