Here's what happened today:
- I misplaced the parking money Angelo gave me for DeeDee's doctor's appointment later this afternoon.
- DeeDee fussed almost all day. A Snugli pack, a pacifier, nothing seems to help her. In fact I've done many things one-handed today holding on to her with one hand and working with the other, all in an effort to keep her calm. Late this afternoon we purchased an infant bouncy seat with a gift card, and it seems to help some. The calming vibrations seem to help the colic. I think the colic came from something I ate.
- At lunch time, it took me a little longer to get lunch ready for Tony and me because I was holding DeeDee. As a result, the younger ladies (my fourth and fifth graders) finished their lunch and dashed off before I could even sit down with Tony to our simple sandwiches and fruit. Tony was ready to cry, afraid that he was going to eat alone. I called the girls back and told them lunch was more than five minutes long, and they needed to sit and finish EVERYTHING they brought to eat for lunch. One of them grumbled, but very quietly. They knew not to argue with me on this day.
- When we got into the van to pick up my high schooler from her volunteer job, the kids got in the vehicle ahead of me. When I opened the door to put DeeDee in, I saw Tony with tears in his eyes. He wouldn't tell me what was wrong so one of the girls said he had told them he wanted a tree to crash on him. Not a good thing for me to hear at this point. Later, he told me that he was still upset that the girls wouldn't play with him at the pool (almost four weeks ago). In reality, he is exhausted from the new baby, from grandparents visiting, and from having been uprooted from his room so it could be repainted. Still, these are not good thoughts and we had a serious talk about it.
- I came home from running some errands only to discover little grease ants wandering about the base of our stove because someone dropped something sugary and didn't get it cleaned up.
Want to know how many times I cried today? Can someone say post-partum blues?
No comments:
Post a Comment