Why is it when my parents (who are critical enough of our sixty-year-old house) arrive, everything breaks down. For example:
- We had a storm here last night. Water came into the basement from under the foundation.
- The handle on the fridge broke (that was my fault; I used it (like many times before) to help me stand up)
- The clothes washer refuses to rinse clothes the first time. (Angelo, whose been doing the laundry says he's never had a problem with it.)
- The bathtub faucet suddenly developed a drip.
Some may say, it's good thing these are breaking down now so that someone is around to fix it. I wish that were the case. In my case it just creates more fodder for continued criticism of our house and how we live. It's not easy.
Oh, and take my rants with a grain of salt. Remember, I'm pregnant and have a whole bunch of hormones running around my body creating a lot of havoc.
No comments:
Post a Comment