When we got to the ice rink yesterday, I told Tony to take his shoes off, just like any other week. I unzipped his skate bag, pulled out one of the new skates and got ready to put it on him just like I did with the old ones. He started to put his foot in and realized that it was different. With the old ones, we had to fight and struggle and squeeze to get his foot into his skate. This time it slid right in, and he noticed that.
Oh his face lit up when he saw the nearly brand new skates. After skating around a few minutes he came back to me and gushed, "Oh thank you Mommy! They are everything I hoped for."
We did discover about ten minutes before the end of the skating period that the new skates were rubbing blisters into his feet, but a couple Bandaids took care of that problem.
For news on today's (school related) events, and great news about the future, click here.
No comments:
Post a Comment